Beachcombing on Marianne Beach

The wide trail to the beach was sandwiched between a dense mix of vegetation that included what looked like mangrove and an array of beautiful local flowers. The thick foliage captured my attention and my eyes darted from side to side marveling at the plants. Nearing the end of the trail, I looked in front of me and caught a glimpse of the Marianne beach. I smiled and the wind blew as if to greet me. “Welcome to paradise,” it whispered. 

L: Marianne Beach, Blanchichesse, R: A lone coconut on the sand
The waves rolling in at Marianne Beach









Our country possesses some of most beautiful places in the world and Blanchisseuse is certainly on the list. Exploring this small scenic village, in the north coast of Trinidad, you find that adventure and breathtaking views are always right around the corner. Spreading a mat down on the sand I was filled with a joy that can only come from being within an oasis! 

Beautiful Scenery at the beach

Marianne Beach Beauty
I was on a trip with a class to comb the beach to find beautiful treasures to incorporate into future jewelry pieces. We all started to explore the beach, bags in hand, laughing and chatting as we excitedly searched for pieces that spoke to us. 

L: View from up high, R: Denyssa on top of the biggest rock on the beach




























The beach crew relaxing and enjoying the vibes
These three are making beachcombing look chic
L: Discussing treasures found R: Two pieces of almost clear quartz found on the beach

The sound of the waves rolling on the shore and the water rushing over the stones of the river mouth was the perfect soundtrack to the afternoon. I got lost in taking photographs and had to remind myself I was there to collect materials as well. I hope you enjoy the photographs I captured that day and are moved to go visit this stunning beach! 

Marianne Beach Beauty
Marianne Beach, the river flowing toward the sea

L: The Marianne River R: Fish in the river

Coconut tree love
Coconut tree love
Marianne Beach Beauty
L: The beach crew hanging out R: Thanks for a wonderful trip D&F! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heading to Cyprus

A Visit to an Orisha Yard

Behind the Scenes- Xhosa Barbados Photoshoot 2017