From Trini to Amsterdam

Dinner time on the plane from New York to London

Within a week I had flown from Trinidad to New York to London to Amsterdam. On paper it sounded fabulous, easy even, like I was a glamorous jet setter going from point A to B. (I pictured a fresh faced Rihanna arriving at an exotic location camera ready and put together). In actuality by the time I arrived in Amsterdam I felt tired and my internal clock was utterly confused. My back ached from my failed attempt to pack light and I wouldn’t call my look glamorous at that point! With hardly any time for sleep I excitedly threw myself into a world wind of activities from walking around in the cold trying to find where Verse iTal’s gigs were to sightseeing. Sleep or no sleep I am enjoying Amsterdam and I am ready to share it with you all. Have any of you been to Amsterdam? What should I check out? Giving thanks for another opportunity to travel! Peace, Love & Joy!


Comments

  1. Ok So we have started our journey - Glad you realise that we are living vicariously through you! Congrats to Verse Ital! Keep it up!
    Funny story of the right wrong bar!
    But you are in Holland in the Spring and no pictures of TULIPS!! -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope we get to see some tulips before we leave but we are unsure of our schedule! I would love to see some Tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amsterdam- u feel so free and unrestricted! I loved the street lights- yes random! but they had such a unique design...its like someone cared about lighting the street in style as opposed to just putting a pole and a bulb... it is such a cool feature that brought sooo much character to the city.... So go find some street lights and look at them!lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a jet setter. I don't think it"s 100% glam even for the big timers in first class - they just need to pretend since they paid so much. Have a great time over there both you and Verse. Through the music scene, you should get a look at how actual Dutch live. Lots of Love from your Iowa family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to an Orisha Yard

The massive cross on the hill

Heading to Cyprus