Cyprus wrap up

I couldn’t ask for a better way to bring in my 30th birthday than a trip to Cyprus. I always try to celebrate another year of life by doing something special and since 30 is a landmark birthday I wanted to do something big to commemorate the milestone! I didn’t know anything about this island but I fell in love and got excited about the different landscapes, a new favorite local wine called Commandaria and the ever-present reminder of their multifaceted history. Most of the people we encountered were friendly except for the few older rude ladies who gave Verse discerning looks. (Had they never seen a Rastafarian before and more importantly did they miss the day in school when they spoke about not staring at people?) All in all it was a wonderful trip and the next time I visit I have to go over to the Turkish side of the island. I must say a huge thank you to Verse for accompanying me and making the trip extra special!

Here are a few images that I took around Cyprus to wrap up a wonderful visit to this interesting country. Enjoy!

View from our hotel room in Lemesos
The old town in Lemesos 
All the old charming details in the town
The old town, Lemesos
The old town, Lemesos L: A fountain, M: Lemesos medieval Castle, R: A small prayer room tucked away in a small room on a side street
The old town, Lemesos L: Taking a seat at the fountain, R:Verse looks like he is in the Caribbean
Lots of nuts and dried fruits to choose from
Thanks for driving us around Verse! L: Getting directions R: On the move
On our way to Pafos
Out to dinner at Almond Tree- a restaurant recommended by the Lonely planet guidebook
St. George's Church and monument to Reverend Papakostas Leonida
Taking a five at the hotel in Pafos
Sunset in Pafos
An afternoon of exploring means trying out the local beer Keo
Beautiful landscape
Beautiful views along the highway
Mexican food in Cyprus- Yummy meal at Poco Loco complete with my fav Caiphirinhas
Poco Loco Mexican Cantina
Bye Cyprus!



Comments

  1. I enjoyed Cyprus with you. Glad you had such a special 30th! Hope we ring in 31 just as fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting Pants! I know 31 is going to be a blast! Prosecco toasting time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I had a great time exploring Cyprus via these blogs and of course planning to go some day. The towns looked so clean and so full of history. Imagine if we took care of our buildings and were able to live surrounded by reminders of our wonderful past! Thank you and I am ready for the next adventure! - M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to an Orisha Yard

Heading to Cyprus

The massive cross on the hill