Happy Birthday: On our way to the beach


Our second day in Cyprus happened to be a very special day and the very reason for our trip. It was my 30th birthday and I woke up feeling very excited and blessed! The night before, Verse took me out to dinner to bring in the special occasion. The waiter (even after serving me the wine I ordered) guessed that I was 15. I’m sure you’re thinking the same thing I was...“What’s the legal drinking age in Cyprus if he’s happily serving a 15 year old wine?” Following the suggestion of the friendly front desk staff about where to go after dinner, we drove past the tourist strip and made a beeline for the ‘old town’ where the locals hung out. Walking into the town felt like we stepped back in time. The buildings were old and full of charm and the streets were a narrow maze. We walked about enjoying the atmosphere and after checking out a few places we settled on a very lively bar and lounge.  I love to dance and even though they were playing a very different musical selection than I am used to, we still had a fun night out to kick off my thirties!

After a quick breakfast in the morning, Verse painstakingly arranged 30 candles on my heart shaped Haagen-Dazs ice cream cake and with the patience and endurance of a customer in a government office, he persisted until all 30 were lit. The cake was delicious and it was happily washed down by a cold glass of champagne. I was 30 after all and allowed to drink in the morning...or is that 40? I knew I wanted to spend time on the beach on my special day and we had one in mind so we headed straight there, stopping once along the way to marvel at the gorgeous views.



My yummy Haagen-Dazs ice cream birthday cake 
Heading to the beach
This view took our breath away


We saw many of these miniature monasteries at lookouts along the highway. I think people put offerings in them 
On the edge
Peace and Love from Cyprus
The water is amazing
All smiles on my birthday


Comments

  1. "with the patience and endurance of a customer in a government office"! hahahahahahha! that is patience!
    So the number is 868 625 3221... the number to AA- no drinking in the morning... that starts at 40!
    Great way to kick off your thirties! Again the photography has made me experience it with you.. Love the mini monastery; I wont say publicly what I thought when I saw it... Hurry and write the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I cant wait to hear what you thought when you saw the mini monastery! Oh my! Thanks for your comment! I wont be needing the number, I will wait till Im 40 to begin having morning cocktails lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the views! Where has Cyprus been hiding all my years! I was living vicariously through you but now I have to go myself. Cyprus should hire you in truth! - M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to an Orisha Yard

Heading to Cyprus

The massive cross on the hill