I thought Nyquil made you sleepy- clearly not in this crowd... "yes she call me Nyquil cause i give her sweet loving and she high still" ima go get some Nyquil! anywho great performance! Where to Next guys!
While reading a magazine recently I came across a segment that gave single women advice and inspiration on choosing new adventures. They featured a woman who travelled the world alone, another that built her own house (putting in the electricity and plumbing alone and all!) and one who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. I read all the stories in awe but the one that struck a cord with me the most that day was about a woman who took up the challenge to meditate for a month (like all day long) at a retreat. I had been looking for some new guided meditation sessions or an inspiring meditation program I could read in the attempts to accomplish my goal of meditating every day. In the tips section of the article they mentioned the Insight Timer App so I researched it online and gladly paid the $2.99US to add it to my iPad. (For the iPhone and Android there is a free version and one for $2.99US as well). Unfortunately, the iPad version didn’t feature the guided meditation option but I decided to ...
I couldn’t ask for a better way to bring in my 30 th birthday than a trip to Cyprus. I always try to celebrate another year of life by doing something special and since 30 is a landmark birthday I wanted to do something big to commemorate the milestone! I didn’t know anything about this island but I fell in love and got excited about the different landscapes, a new favorite local wine called Commandaria and the ever-present reminder of their multifaceted history. Most of the people we encountered were friendly except for the few older rude ladies who gave Verse discerning looks. (Had they never seen a Rastafarian before and more importantly did they miss the day in school when they spoke about not staring at people?) All in all it was a wonderful trip and the next time I visit I have to go over to the Turkish side of the island. I must say a huge thank you to Verse for accompanying me and making the trip extra special! Here are a few images that I took around Cy...
This was the first museum we visited, although the description says it’s technically not a museum but an ‘experience’. After a quick tram ride from our flat it was a lovely short stroll to the old Heineken brewery (which was easy to find, as there is no way you can miss the huge Heineken sign). The line to buy the tickets was pretty long but it moved swiftly. The cost to enter was €17 for adults but with a coupon found in a tourist attraction book we paid €15 for one ticket (yay for discounts). Along with your tickets you are given a green Heineken band that allows you to get two free drinks after the self-guided tour. Slipping the band on our hands we had no idea what to expect and we were excited to get started on the experience! The Heineken brewery is well worth a visit even for non-drinking folks. Being one of the most successful and internationally known beer brands, Heineken has such a deep-rooted history in Holland and the tour presents this and information ...
Alright Verse. Making waves!
ReplyDeleteI thought Nyquil made you sleepy- clearly not in this crowd... "yes she call me Nyquil cause i give her sweet loving and she high still" ima go get some Nyquil! anywho great performance! Where to Next guys!
ReplyDelete