Relive & Reveal

When I scroll through my archives, I see so many images that I want to share. I remember the story that is behind every shoot and enjoy the memories that surface while looking through the images. I’ve decided to do a series on my blog where I feature a few of these images that people may have never seen, along with any stories from the shoot. I’m going to start off this series with a memorable shoot that I did in 2012.


Four of us hiked into the forest in Chaguaramas, Trinidad to get to the the gorge where I wanted to do this particular shoot for the Harmony series. My model R was a trooper as she easily climbed over fallen trees and crawled over boulders as we excitedly traversed the overgrown trail. The spot was just as beautiful as I remembered and I quickly got to work applying the paint and abeer on R as we hung out and munched on our snacks. When R’s paint job was complete we climbed into the water and she posed among the rocks as we made our way to the end of the narrow Gorge. There were so many places to frame a shot that I was easily inspired to shoot! Even when a crab grabbed my hand while I was bracing myself upon the rock, I continued shooting (after a very small scream escaped from my throat that is). I even continued shooting when tiny frogs appeared, or should I say came into focus as they were probably there all the time. As the frogs gleefully frolicked on the rock face I bravely held it together (with the help of Verse who stood guard and assured me they were far away) as the moment was just too beautiful not to capture! 



I remember when looking through the images at home the beauty of the shots took my breath away. R is a natural and she just made the scene even more magnificent. Other images from this series were featured in my 2013 calendar “Harmony” and one shot served as the perfect cover for the calendar.







All images © Ariann Mieka Photography. Do not use without my permission. 



Comments

  1. I remember this :)..., LOVE the shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I entered a comment when I saw these spectacular images. Im not seeing it so I am trying again. These pictures need an exhibition or a magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to an Orisha Yard

The massive cross on the hill

Heading to Cyprus